Junaid Baghdadi and The Bird

Once some body presented a gift to Junaid Baghdadi. It was a living Bird which he caged and kept for a few days but one day he set it free for free flight. His companions  asked the reason, he, explained that the bird had very humbly conveyed  saying  me O Junaid. I feel Sorry When I see that you are meeting Your friends and enjoying their company while on the other hand  you are keeping me away from my friends and inside this cage.  Based on this fact I felt pity on it and let it go.  While flying, it informed  that any person, bird, or animal when keeps it self busy in the remembrance of almighty it remains free and enjoys freedom but as soon as it diverts its mind form remembering  God , It gets arrested and trapped. O Junaid I only for one day did not remember God so I was punished for the sin of keeping  my self in closed strong cage. Remember what will happen to those who remain away from remembering Almighty more frequently. I promise before you that now on I will never keep my attention  away from remembering God it then flew away to soaring height.
Junaid Baghdadi revealed later that the  same bird used  to see me in my house and sometimes used to eat tiny leftover crumbs too.
                              When Junaid Baghdadi Passed away the same bird fell down near his body and with great agony it was also dead and cold.

Some body saw Junaid  in his dream and was apprised that because he ( Junaid) felt pity on the bird consequently Great Almighty showered His  mercy on him. so he is fine there in his grave. 

No comments:

Post a Comment